How to consign at Bee's Knees 1
What clothing is accepted?
Products are selected based on their appeal, style, quality and rarity. Only clothing in good condition is accepted.
Clothing must be laundered and free of stains, tears, holes, fading or other forms of wear.
We do not accept fast fashion items from brands such as Ardene, Garage, Forever 21 or H&M.
Store drop-off days are Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays only . The sorting of pieces accepted for deposit will be done on site. If any of your pieces are selected, you will need to complete this contract .
If it is impossible to come to the store, you can submit your pieces by email to email@example.com including:
- Your name, email address and telephone number.
- Simple and clear photos of each garment including: the clothing brand label and the clothing material composition label.
- Important and relevant information about the garment: mention if the garment is damaged (for example, a missing button or unstitched hem).
If your submission is accepted, we will send you a message within 10 business days. Depending on the case, a Canada Post shipping label and delivery instructions may be provided to you.
All returnable items are carefully entered into inventory software with photos to avoid errors and facilitate invoicing.
How is the sale price of my clothes determined?
Once accepted, all pieces will be evaluated and subjected to quality control. Minor improvements may need to be made (for example: stitching, finishing, hemming, removing stains or pilling, repairing holes).
Following this evaluation and the information provided, Bee's Knees will set the deposit price and the percentage of commission you will obtain. A list of sales prices will be sent to you for each item placed in consignment.
% discount when sold
Clothing sale price at Bee's Knees
0.00 - 39.99
40.00 - 119.99
120.00 - 179.99
180.00 - 299.99
300.00 and more
By consigning to Bee's Knees, you agree to all price changes during discount periods and sales that may apply in store.
How can I track my sales?
The amount of sales accumulated for each seller is counted once a month. The results are posted online on the 15th day of the month. An email is then sent to all consignees. You can consult the sales results at any time on our site: Sales results .
If you don't see your name in the list, you haven't made any sales this month.
We do not produce custom sales or inventory reports upon request. You always have easy and direct access to this important information thanks to the sent price lists and the sales results page .
Since you act as a supplier, it is important to track your sales with the price lists sent and the sales results provided to you each month. You are responsible for tracking your payments due by following the instructions below.
How can I get money back from my sales?
An email to consignees is sent on the 15th day of the month, before 5 p.m. From this moment, you have 7 working days to come forward and recover the amount of your sales. We will not respond to emails after this deadline, and your winnings will then be carried over to the following month.
It’s important to track your sales so you don’t miss anything. If we go 2 months without hearing from you, you risk service charges on the amount of sales.
If the monthly sales total is less than $50, here are the options offered:
- Write to us to make an appointment to collect your cash in person at the store ( 350 Duluth Avenue East ).
- Write to us to receive a bank transfer for a fee of $1.50.
- Accumulate the monthly amounts earned until you total more than $50, follow the instructions below.
If the amount of monthly sales is equal to or greater than $50, you will receive an Interac transfer. To receive the transfer:
- Write to us mentioning: your name, the month of sales and the amount to be recovered.
- A bank transfer will be made within 7 working days following your request .
- Please accept transfers within the prescribed time frame, otherwise you risk a service fee on the sales amount.
Am I responsible for my items in the event of theft or loss in store?
Despite all our good will and vigilance, damage caused by customers as well as shoplifting are among the risks of consignment sales. Unless otherwise agreed in writing, this merchandise is legally yours and Bee's Knees is not responsible for any losses.
Is it possible to recover certain unsold items?
It is possible to recover unsold items. To do this :
- Write to us indicating your name and the items you wish to collect and including as an attachment the price list received during consignment.
- We will then respond to you with a pickup date. The pick-up date may vary between 2 and 6 weeks since certain clothes, particularly those out of season, are stored outside the store.
Shop Bee's Knees